One of the Best Wahoo Recipes for Cooking Fresh Caught Wahoo.
Sesame Seared Wahoo Recipe (Hawaiian Ono)
This is my favorite wahoo recipe and I am happy to share it with you. Enjoy!
(4) 6 oz Portions of fresh wahoo loin cut in 1 inch steaks cut across the grain
- 1 Tablespoon White sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Black sesame seeds
- Fresh Black pepper
- Kosher salt or Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 2 Radishes & 1 Bunch of Micro Greens for garnish
How to prepare the Wahoo
- In a dry pan on med high heat add both tablespoons of sesame seeds and quickly toast 1 minute. Keep sesame seeds moving by stirring or shaking pan and then set aside on small plate.
- Season Wahoo loins with salt and pepper then dip in sesame mixture and set aside. You want a nice light even coat on one side of the loin.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in teflon coated pan over medium high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke place Wahoo loins sesame side down for 2 min. You want the loin to turn golden brown on the edge then flip and cook for 2 more min.
- Spoon over with Charred pineapple chutney and serve with coconut sticky rice and garnish with thin sliced radish and micro greens.
Charred Pineapple Chutney Ingredients
- Half red onion finely diced
- 1 8.25 oz can of charred corn rinsed and drained
- 1 Pineapple sliced chargrilled and diced
- 1 Mango diced
- 2 tablespoon Fresh grated ginger
- 2 fresh jalapeño diced seeds removed
- 1Red bell pepper diced seeds removed
- 1 Lime juiced and zest removed
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Bottle of Fischer & Wieser Charred Pineapple Bourbon Sauce
How to prepare the Pineapple Chutney
- Pre-heat Chargrill
- Remove core from pineapple and slice into 1/2 inch thick rings. Brush pineapple slices with canola oil and place on pre-heated grill. Grill each side of pineapple slice for 1-2 minutes or until pineapple slices have nice grill marks. Remove from grill and let cool. Once cooled, dice pineapple slices into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in big bowl except for salt, pepper, onion and corn and cilantro. Set aside.
- Sauté diced onion w/ coconut oil over med heat. Season onions with salt and pepper to taste
- Once caramelized, add the corn and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add big bowl of everything else and cook med-high for 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh chopped Cilantro. Place in covered bowl and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour for flavors to meld. Remove from cooler and let the chutney come to room temp. With a slotted spoon, serve over Sesame seared wahoo. Enjoy!